MSA 2040 - HP MSA2040 Modular Smart Array
Item added to cartProceed to Checkout Proceed to Get a Quote
HP MSA 2040 Modular Smart Array
Changing storage needs for server customers now requires greater levels of performance and functionality at a lower cost of ownership.
The next generation HP MSA 2040 Storage arrays raises the bar & uniquely addresses HP ProLiant customers' shared storage and data protection needs, reduces TCO while dramatically increasing performance using technologies such as Solid State Drives, Snap & Volume copy and Replication.
The new HP MSA 2040 Storage arrays are positioned to provide an excellent value for customers needing increasing performance to support initiatives such as consolidation and virtualization.The MSA 2040 delivers this performance by leveraging new controller architecture with a new processor, four ports with 4GB cache per controller and using drive technologies such as SSDs.
The new HP MSA 2040 Array ships standard with 64 Snapshots and Volume Copy enabled for increased data protection & allow replication with optional Remote Snap software between arrays (FC or iSCSI only).
Simple: Flexible architecture. Easy to setup. Easy to manage
HP MSA 2040 Array offers choice of 8 Gb/16 Gb FC to match the configuration needs of infrastructure
Deploy single or dual controllers depending on high-availability and budgetary requirements
Select disk enclosures with large or small form factor drives with choice of high-performance SSDs, Enterprise-class SAS or SAS Midline drives based on application, performance, and budget needs
Integrated setup and management tools for MSA are easy to manage for ProLiant/BladeSystem IT managersFast: The HP MSA 2040 Modular Smart Array sets new standards for $/IOPS in entry SAN, 3x to 4x today's competition
New high-performance converged SAN controller offers 4x the performance of today's other entry-level SAN arrays 4 port converged SAN controller with 4 GB cache supporting FC translates into better application response time and ability to support more virtualized environments
SSD support with integrated "wear gauge" helps improve application performance and allows customers to reduce their operating costs by reducing foot prints and power consumptionsFuture proof: The HP MSA 2040 Modular Smart Array has 2x the bandwidth and the first entry SAN with 16 Gb FC
Choice of 8/16 Gb FC to match the configuration needs of infrastructure
4th generation of MSA's unique Data-in-Place upgrades provide investment protection
Host ports upgradeable by SFPs (8 Gb or 16 Gb FC) allows customers to manage their total cost of ownership lower
HP MSA 2040 Modular Smart Array
- New MSA 2040 controller architecture which maximizes performance
- Four host ports per controller
- MSA 2040 SAN controller supports 8Gb FC, 16Gb FC, 1GbE iSCSI or 10GbE iSCSI SFPs.
- MSA 2040 SAS controller supports 6Gb and 12Gb SAS host connectivity using mini-SAS HD Cables.
- 4 GB transportable read/write cache per controller.
- Battery-free cache backup with super capacitors and compact flash
- MSA 2040 SAN Controller allows customers to create their own Combo Controller by mixing FC and iSCSI SFPs. MSA 2040 supports SSD drives which allow IT managers to boost IOPS performance
- Ease of management featuring browser-based out-of-band access. This allows a department or small company to effectively handle growing storage requirements, with the aid of an intuitive GUI to administer the unit with a minimum of complexity. Ideal for local or remote installations.
- MSA 2040 comes standard with 64 controller-based snapshots and clone capability. Arrays also support an optional 512 snaps.
- Choose either a low-cost single controller array or start with a configured dual controller array model to fit the budget, high availability, and performance needs.
- All models feature a wide variety of drives: High-performance and high-speed SSD drives, enterprise-class SAS, and SAS Midline drives.
- MSA 2040 can have a maximum number of MSA 2040 LFF drive enclosures (7), a maximum number of D2700 SFF drive enclosures (7), or mix both sizes. The array can grow incrementally from a few drives to 96 LFF or 199 SFF drives.
- Vdisks can be spanned across multiple enclosures
- RAID levels 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50
- Maximums vary by RAID levels: 2 drive max for RAID level 1; max of 16 drives for RAID levels 0, 3, 5, 6, and 10; max of 32 drives for RAID level 50
- 512 LUNs with LUN sizes greater than 40TB depending on the RAID configuration chosen. The maximum LUN size is 64TB
- Non-disruptive on-line controller code upgrade (requires dual controllers w/ multi-pathing software)
- Upgradable by design. Owners of a P2000 G3 array are able to do data-in-place controller upgrades to the new MSA 2040 array. This unique ability protects the earlier investments in drives, and JBODs
This Category has no models.