Why is buying from an authorised Cisco partner the safest option for Cisco hardware, software and support?
Published 29th January 2018
The risk to businesses buying products at very low prices from the secondary market is huge. Products may be counterfeit or stolen and may NOT be eligible for Cisco license, warranty or support. Counterfeit products are made cheaply, and that’s why they are cheap to purchase. More worryingly it’s almost impossible to know if the products are counterfeit or not! Counterfeit Cisco hardware is generally accompanied by counterfeit Cisco software, accessories and components, and this is just as dangerous, if not more so. Because this market isn’t regulated by Cisco, you’re potentially connecting a device to your network without truly knowing what it is you’re connecting.
You could risk network downtime and in the long run it could cost you more than you budgeted for. It’s not worth the risk to your business and as a Cisco partner, Ware247 Ltd want to help protect you from these dangers.
What are the risks of buying counterfeit Cisco?
- The purchase of counterfeit products is illegal – it breaches Cisco intellectual property rights
- Cisco cannot guarantee the quality and performance of unauthorised Cisco products.
- You may be supplied with a counterfeit Cisco product.
- Counterfeit products are not only illegal but they also may cause serious damage to your and/your customers’ company network.
- You may not be automatically eligible for Cisco support.
- You may not have a valid software license or a full Cisco warranty. Counterfeit Products & Third-Party Components 3 Counterfeit products can be hardware, software, or documentation where Cisco’s logo and/or other intellectual property have been used without Cisco’s consent.
- Counterfeit products often contain components that have been tampered with and illegal software.
- Third-party components are typically memory, cables, or gigabit interface converters manufactured by a company other than Cisco and without Cisco’s consent.
Why buys from the Authorised Cisco Channel?
Contractually, Cisco partners can only purchase Cisco equipment from Cisco or an official Cisco distributor. These regulations are heavily enforced. This same level of enforcement is carried over to Cisco’s Refresh scheme, which allows customers to purchase remanufactured products with authentic software licenses, warranty and support options, but at a fraction of the price of new hardware.
As a customer, if you buy equipment through Cisco Authorised Channel Partners, you are entitled to Cisco service support, upgrades, replacement guarantees, a valid software license, and a full warranty for both new and Refresh products.
Whether you are looking for retail or Refresh, buying from a Cisco authorised partner such as Ware247 ensures that the product you buy is genuine and Cisco original. Contact us today to see how we can offer excellent quality and pricing.
by Fiona Wilby
+44 (0)113 88 00 858